WINTER BAY Backyard Ultra
- A race where you run a 6.7 km route (loop) with a new start every hour. All participants start at the same time every full hour & you must start every hour to stay in the race.
- You must be in the start corral when every loop start (if not, immediate disqualification). Participants who choose to resign & don't want to start the next loop must notify race management to get a result. To get a result you must finish a loop within one hour.
Start & finish are on the same place in the loop area.
- You cannot pass the starting line & walk back over it = the loop is one way.
- You can however pass the starting line & tie shoes, eat, drink, change clothes, go to toilet & take a rest. This you can do anywhere on the 6.7 km loop.
- All participants run individually & the loops are counted individually even if you are part of a team.
- Participation on your own risk
- No minimum age to participate, but children under 12 yo are recommended to run "Kids 'n' Family" race
- Registration fee is non-refundable
HOW YOU WIN
- You must complete a loop within one hour to get it credited. The last participant who alone complete one loop within 60 minutes win.
- Only one class (men/women not separated). Last One Standing rules apply.
- Particpants cannot get support of food, drink, equipment during the loop. This is absolutely forbidden = immediate disqualification.
- Pacer/Pacing is not allowed.
- Support in the loop area is however allowed (start/finish area).
- Start Bib must be visible at all times & worn on the front of each participant. This to make it easier for volunteers/staff to track each participant at start/finish area. All participants must ensure they are checked at the finish of each loop.
- Head lamp is mandatory between kl 19:59 – 04:30.
- Race management has the right to take the Start Bib from a participant if considered the participant is not capable to continue the race. This right can be executed along the loop as well a in the loop area.
- Absolutely no littering!
- Hiking-/running poles are not allowed.
- In case of accident/injury/emergency all participants are obliged to assist each other.
- Show condsideration & caution on public roads.
OFFICIAL RULES OF THE BACKYARD ULTRA
- Loop or out and back
- Must be 4 miles 880 feet in length
- Metric equivalent 6.7056 kilometers
2) Starting Corral
- Measured to fit entire starting field
- Corral stays the same size thru out the event
- Participants must be in the starting corral at the bell
- Each loop starts precisely 1 hour after the last
- Warning must be given 3, 2, and 1 minutes prior to start
- All competitors must start at the bell (no late starts)
- Except for restrooms, competitor may not leave the course until each loop is completed
- No non-competitors on the course (including eliminated runners)
- No personal aid during a loop (common aid stations are allowed)
- Each loop must be completed within an hour to be counted… including the final lap
- No artificial aids (including trekking poles)
- Slower runners must allow passes
- Timing of the loops is optional
- The winner is the last person to complete a loop
- All others are technically DNF (Did Not Finish)
- Results of each runner in terms of distance covered are to be given
- If no runner can complete one more loop than anyone else, there is no winner