KRKA Ultra Challenge by Run Raisers & AK Šibenik – #Run4Diabetes!
KRKA Ultra Challenge – 2nd edition – organized by Run Raisers (from Sweden) & AK Šibenik, is an international charity trail running event Oct 6 in Croatia. Everything associated with KRKA Ultra Challenge will contribute to Diabetes Charity #Run4Diabetes (20% of entry fee, sponsors, accommodation, activities etc.).
Join us in Croatia October 6, 2019 for some RUN – FUN – SUN!
- “INSANE” Ultra 80 km (50 miles) Start 06:30am (max 17,5h) 3 ITRA €100 / €50*
- “CRAZY” Ultra 53 km Start 10:00am (max 12h) 2 ITRA €100 / €50*
- “MAD” 27 km Start 11:00am (max 8h) €80 / €40*
- “HAPPY” 10 km Start 15:00pm (max 3h) €60 / €30*
*Note! Croatian residents have subsidized entry fees = fees with * (see also Terms of Registration). To see these subsidized prices you first “choose race distance” (drop-down) + click Yes to “choose local resident of Croatia”. This because our ambition is to create a true running feast in Skradin! 20% of entry fee will go directly to support Diabetes (see “Charity” for more info).
KRKA Ultra Challenge is an international charity trail running race created to appeal to a wide audience – from the most experienced runners to the joyful runners – with the objective that you will be up for a challenge & push your limits for a good cause, regardless which distance you choose! The environment is in & around the magnificent Krka National Park & the routes follow the Krka river passing several impressive landmarks, viewpoints & waterfalls before finishing at the beach of the beautiful town Skradin.
- All distances have different starting points/times, but all will finish @ the Skradin beach
- All distances offer trails with parts of really technical running (on average 80% trail, 20% road) – check all info/distance above (course profile, photos/video, route details)
Charity & running is a well-known perfect match – KRKA Ultra Challenge will use the human goodwill to raise money for Diabetes, with the payoff: #Run4Diabetes
By doing this we also want to raise awareness of this dangerous disease growing exponentially across the globe, by engaging & activating people! In all our communication we will use the hashtags #Run4Diabetes & #KrkaUltra, which we also strongly encourage all participants to also use when sharing posts on social media!
Come run with us to help raise money for diabetes charity – everything associated with KRKA Ultra Challenge contribute (part of entry fee, sponsors, booking of accommodation/activities thru the website etc.)! The objective is to raise >100.000 SEK (€ 10.000) this the 2nd year of our event. The raised funds will support both Barndiabetesfonden (The Swedish Child Diabetes Foundation), as well as our own initiative – a sports camp in Skradin for Swedish families with children suffering from type 1 diabetes (see “Charity” for more info).
Krka National Park lies within Šibenik-Knin County, and covers a total area of 109 km² of the loveliest sections of the Krka River, and the lower course of the Čikola River. The closest city is Skradin, located along the coast between Split & Zadar in Croatia.
The national park is a vast and primarily unaltered area of exceptional natural value, including one or more preserved or insignificantly altered ecosystems. The purpose of the park is primarily to serve science, culture, education and recreation, while tourism activities have also been introduced for its visitors.
The most frequently visited areas in of Krka National Park are Skradinski buk and Roški slap. Skradinski buk is one of Croatia’s best known natural features, made up of travertine cascades, islands and lakes.The waterfalls are easily accessed and attractive for all true nature lovers, those interested in national customs and all those looking to enjoy the hospitality and culture offered here.
the RACE REGISTRATION
There are two (2) ways to sign up for KRKA Ultra Challenge 2019:
- “REGISTER NOW” section on this page (preferred way to sign up); Fill in your details – complete the entry fee payment – you are registered!
- Register on Stotinka – fill in your details! Note! You must complete the entry fee payment to stated bank account (state your name) before you are officially registered!
All registered (paid) participants will be updated weekly to be reflected both on Run Raisers & Stotinka websites.
The entry fee include:
- Contribution to #Run4Diabetes charity (20% of entry fee)
- Participation in KRKA Ultra Challenge in chosen distance
- Entrance to Krka National Park during event day Oct 6
- One-day admission & boat ride to (only) Skradinski Buk waterfalls Oct 6 or 7
- Free bus transfer from Skradin to starting points – details in Race PM 10 days before event
- Several aid stations with water, sports drink & food/snacks
- Official timing & results by Stotinka
- Race Bib with name
- Race Photos
- Finish festivities @ Skradin beach
- Price ceremony (prices to 1-3 male/female per distance)
- A unique KRKA Ultra Challenge Medal for all finishing participants
- A unique KRKA Ultra Challenge Participant Tee
- A unique KRKA Ultra Challenge Goodie Bag
- A secret & unique KRKA Ultra Challenge souvenir
- Great offers from our sponsors/partners
the MISSION for KRKA Ultra Challenge
We wish to unite & inspire people thru running for a good cause! In this case it will be Diabetes charity – #Run4Diabetes!
the VISION for KRKA Ultra Challenge
We wish to create the ultimate running experience cocktail – annually enjoyed in the beauties of Krka National Park & the Skradin area in Croatia.
Fact #1: Within the former rather conservative running community, an evident new trend has emerged – more & more runners are curious/keen on trying different type of races to expand their views, as opposed to running the same race year on year trying to beat their PB.
Fact #2: Some may want to try other distances, or in new places, others may want to try another kind of race outside their comfort zone, e.g. a Swimrun or Ultra Marathon.
Fact #3: People do not necessarily want to beat a certain time but have other incentives for running races, and instead chase a greater total experience from their racing.
Fact #4: If you at the same time you are running can contribute to a good cause, this only builds on the experience.
Fact #5: In today’s extensive social media society more & more people also wish to share their experiences with friends & family – either as support along the race, but also to run together despite you might not have the same physical abilities.
Fact #6: This all put together made us seized the opportunity to organize a running race covering all the above aspects – KRKA ULTRA CHALLENGE!!!